RNDr. Martin Kološ, Ph.D.
Phone: +420 739 929 987
Date of birth: 30. 11. 1981 (Nový Jíčín, Czech Republic)
Marital status: Married, three children (2009,2011,2014)
Workplace: Institute of Physics, Silesian University in Opava (SU),
Bezručovo náměstí 13, CZ-746 01 Opava, Czech Republic
Relativistic Astrophysics, Physics of Black holes, Dynamical systems, Programming
Programming skills: working knowledge: Wolfram Mathematica, C / basic knowledge: Python, PHP
Teaching: Introduction to deterministic chaos; Mathematical Analysis (exercises) I. II. III. and IV.
Thesis leadership & student collaboration: Nikolas Karpisek, Arman Tursunov, Radim Panis, Bobur
Turimov, Oteev Tursinbay, Misbah Shahzadi, Dilshodbek Bardiev, Bakhtinur Juraev
Peer review: The European Physical Journal C, Classical and Quantum Gravity, Universe (MDPI)
- 2019 International Mobility for Researchers at CTP of the Polish Academy of Sciences
Warsaw, prof. Agnieszka Janiuk, GRMHD simulations using HARM software
- 2013 Doctor (Ph.D.) in Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics at the FPF SU in Opava,
Dissertation: String-loop dynamics in spacetimes around compact objects
- 2005 Master (Mgr.) in Theoretical Physics at the FPF SU in Opava
Erasmus mobility programme at W ̈urzburg Universit ̈at (Germany)
all Relativistic Astrophysics Group workshops (RAGtime) from 7th to 19th, Opava (2005-2017)
18th International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation, Sydney (2007)
Marcel Grossmann Meeting 13, Stockholm (2012)
Marcel Grossmann Meeting 14, Rome (2015)
21st International Conference on General Relativity and Gravitation, New York City (2016)
European Week of Astronomy and Space Science, Prague (2017)
2005 - present researcher and lecturer at Institute of Physics, Faculty of Philosophy and Science,
Silesian University in Opava.
Member of Research Centre of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics group at SU in Opava. The
RCTPA is concentrated in relativistic astrophysics and is actively involved in the analysis of various
aspects and problems of General relativity, from the black-hole theory, accretion process or dark energy
phenomenology to multiple branches of observational physics.
Participation in projects as researcher: GAČR 205/03/H144, MSM 4781305903, SGS/2/2010, EU
grant Synergy CZ.1.07/2.3.00/20.0071, GAČR 14-37086G
Scientific collaborator in junior GAČR 16-03564Y (2016-2018)
List of selected articles
WoS: publications in refereed journals 22, cited without self citations 143, h-index 10
Conference proceedings (not in WoS): 11
- A. Tursunov, M. Kološ, Z. Stuchlík, and D. V. Gal’tsov Radiation reaction of charged particles
orbiting magnetized Schwarzschild black hole
The Astrophysical Journal 861 (1), 16, (2018)
- M. Kološ, A. Tursunov Comparison of charged particle dynamics around compact object immersed
into uniform or dipole magnetic field
Proceedings of RAGtime 17–19 Opava, pp. 99-110 (2017)
- M. Kološ, A. Tursunov, and Z. Stuchlík. Possible signature of the magnetic fields related to
quasi-periodic oscillations observed in microquasars
European Physical Journal C, 77:860, (2017).
- M. Kološ Magnetic field generated by current loop in flat spacetime
Proceedings of RAGtime 17–19 Opava, pp. 91–98 (2017)
- Z. Stuchlík and M. Kološ. Acceleration of the charged particles due to chaotic scattering in the
combined black hole gravitational field and asymptotically uniform magnetic field
European Physical Journal C, 76:32, (2016).
- M. Kološ, Z. Stuchlík, and A. Tursunov. Quasi-harmonic oscillatory motion of charged particles
around a Schwarzschild black hole immersed in a uniform magnetic field.
Classical and Quantum Gravity, 32(16):165009, (2015).
- A. Tursunov, M. Kološ, Z. Stuchlík and B. Ahmedov Acceleration of electric current-carrying
string loop near a Schw. black hole immersed in an asymptotically uniform magnetic field.
Physical Review D, 90 (8) 085009, (2014).
- A. Tursunov, M. Kološ, B. Ahmedov and Z. Stuchlík Dynamics of an electric current-carrying
string loop near a Schwarzschild black hole embedded in an external magnetic field.
Physical Review D, 87 (12) 125003, (2013).
- M. Kološ and Z. Stuchlík Dynamics of current-carrying string loops in the Kerr naked-singularity
and black-hole spacetimes.
Physical Review D, 88 (6) 065004, (2013).