The Research Centre of Theoretical Physics and Astrophysics (RCTPA) has been established in 2013. Starting in 2014, its research activities become a part of the activities of the Albert Einstein Centre for Gravitation and Astrophysics supported by the Czech Science Foundation excellence grant No. 14-37086G.
Research activities of RCTPA are devoted into theoretical studies (based on combined analytical and computational methods) in relativistic physics and astrophysics and their relations with particle physics, testing results of theoretical predictions in general relativity or alternative theories of gravity with observational data from processes occuring in strong gravity of compact objects in the Universe, and into participation on theoretical studies related to preparation of X-ray satellite missions. The studies are focused on the following research areas:
- Influence of large-scale magnetic fields on physical processes close to compact objects as black holes, neutron and quark stars, superspinars, naked singularities or regular strong gravity objects
- Manifestation of alternative theories of gravitation in physical processes close to compact objects
- Modelling of accretion structures within standard hydrodynamic models, and non-standard models of "dielectric" perfect fluid toroidal configurations or toroidal models based on kinetic theory
- Modelling of 1D string loop accretion structures reflecting tension of internal magnetic fields
- Influence of dark energy on astrophysical processes
- Models of observational effects generated by strong gravity field of compact objects